1. Novosibirsk is the third largest city in Russia! Novosibirsk was settled in the late of XIX century and was recorded to the Guinness Book of World Records as the fastest growing population city in the world: the population has reached 1 million people in less than 70 years. By this indicator, it took Chicago 90 years, New York 250, Moscow 700, and Kiev 900.
2. There are 29 theaters, 2268 historical and cultural monuments in the Novosibirsk region. First of all, you need to see the building of the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theater (NOVAT) - an architectural monument of the federal importance.
3. There are more than 60 museums in the Novosibirsk region. Among museums of the region, Novosibirsk State Museum of Local History takes the special place, which is located in the historical building of the regional importance – “The house where Yu. Kondratyuk has worked”. The museum has several branches, for example, in the museum of nature, where you can see a very famous exhibit - the full skeleton of a female mammoth, and in the Suzun mint to stamp the Siberian coin.
4. To see the scientific Siberian capital. Akademgorodok is a “city in the city” located in the forest. One of the most important scientific and educational centers of Russia, there are lots of scientific research institutes, world famous Novosibirsk State University, Museum of Railway Equipment, Technopark, Botanical Garden, Lavrentiev House, Open-Air Museum of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science are located here.
5. To improve your health in high-level sanatoriums. Unique ecological resorts with the status of the regional and federal importance with their own natural factors, like therapeutic muds, yellow and blue clays, brine, mineral waters “Sanatorskaya”, “Dovolenskaya”, “Karachinskaya”, and favorable landscape and climatic conditions. Health resorts of the European level with a modern medical and diagnostic base for family recreation, treatment and rehabilitation.
6. To see alive history! Unusual stone merchants' mansions in their original form with carvings and decorations, and old wooden houses, recalling the masters who lived two centuries ago, and the church in the name of Saint Alexander Nevsky, built in 1887 are located in the village of Kolyvan.
7. You can swim in summer and in winter in the Novosibirsk region! The Ob Sea is a large artificial reservoir on the Ob river, equipped wild beaches, sanatoriums, tourist bases and children's camps. As well you can swim with dolphins in the Center of Oceanography and Marine Biology “Dolphinia”, where also you can watch the performances of marine animals and enjoy the longest aquarium underwater tunnel in Siberia. All year long everyone can enjoy swimming in the waterpark “Aquamir”, which is the largest indoor waterpark in Russia, takes the forth place in Europe and the tenth in the world. Waterpark has more than 150 water attractions, swimming pool (the area is 1000 square meters), baths and saunas.
8. Here there are all possibilities for family rest! Novosibirsk Zoo named after R. Shilo is one of the largest zoos in Russia. It occupies 65 hectares; about 11 000 animals of 770 species are living here. Novosibirsk Planetarium is the best in the eastern part of Russia - has unique telescopes that allow watching the starry sky. There is also a museum of railway equipment named after Akulinin, which is one of the most famous museums in Russia.
9. The Novosibirsk region is an amazing and picturesque region! These are famous Baraba Steppes, boundless taiga, beautiful river Ob, one of the largest lakes in the country - Chany and many other beautiful lakes, vast grain fields and numerous streams.
10. Interesting events all year round! Every year many events are held here. The largest events of the region: International Military History Festival “Siberian Fire”, interregional festival-contest “New Siberian Transit”, air festival (air show), ethnocultural festival “Alive Stories”, Siberian Festival of Snow Sculpture, winter medieval festival “Siberian bridgehead” and others.